Session Host: Mani Saint-Victor
Reporter: Mani Saint-Victor
Participants: Sandra, Jeffrey,Chris Rabb,Andrew Humphrey
- discussion generation
a. games stimulate discussions around a theme
b. distribution and amplification simplified
a. games allow for multiple endings
What are some of the hurdles to game use in journalism?
- preconceived notions about games
What shortcomings of the current model of news delivery can be overcome by games?
- Attention acquisition and retention
- Increased engagement and repeat engagement with concepts
What forms of journalism are better suited for games and which are not?
- delivery of urgent and timely information- no
- education of backstory, historical information –yes
- stories around a theme vs detail and fact intensive stories.