This is the permanent location of links to blog reports and other resources from the June 29-July 1, 2006 summit conference, “Democracy & Independence: Sharing News & Politics in a Connected World,” which drew 300 participants to the University of Massachusetts. It was the first event organized by The Media Giraffe Project at UMass Amherst.
- WHAT WE LEARNED/NEXT STEPS
- Excerpts of opening comments at MGP2006, June 28, 2006
- Giraffes at work: Reports from the field
- News about the Media Giraffe Project
Click to download a 10-minute (4MB) MP3 file, an audio interview with MGP director Bill Densmore broadcast on Northeast Public Radio, WAMC 90.3, Albany, N.Y., on Fri., June 30, at 9:20 p.m.
A full page of links to individual blog posts about the MGP2006 summit.
Photos from MGP2006
Link to archived downloadable video of MGP2006 sessions
* Many of the nearly 40 sessions at the June 28-July 1 MGP2006 summit of the Media Giraffe Project at UMass Amherst were videotaped. We’re gradually making them available for online viewing and download as QuickTime and Flash files. Click to annotated descriptions and links.
There’s also a video on citizen media produced by Cambridge Community Television which features interviews conducted at MGP2006.
Other key resource pages
- REVIEW DETAILED INFORMATION ABOUT EACH MGP2006 BREAKOUT SESSION
- THE JOURNALISM THAT MATTERS BREAKOUT
- CONFERENCE STAFF
- GENERAL RESOURCES PAGE
- Who blogged the summit?
- READ the “official” MGP2006 blog.
- LEARN about Special sessions/meetings
- A Citizen Filmmaking Resource Page
- FOLLOWUP with Christopher Lydon and The New England Common.
- FOLLOWUP on the gathering of Massachusetts & New England “citizen” and political bloggers.
- REGISTER YOUR INTEREST: In the post-conference online community of practice for citizen media leaders suggested by Steven Clift
- EXHIBITORS — We’ve got a few in the Campus Center Reading Room and in the concourse.