Here are resources generated at the March 1-4, 2009 Journalism that Matters convening at The Poynter Institute, St. Petersburg, Fla.
It was organized by the Journalism That Matters collaborative and The Poynter Institute.
POST-SESSION BLOG REPORTS
- THOROUGH ROUNDUP: “‘Journalism That Matters’ Is Entrepreneurial — Ellyn Angelotti
- Journalism That Matters conference: “the new digital newsroom — EditorsWeblog
- Patricio Espinoza’s links to JTM-Poynter resources
- Journalists: It’s time to be the phoenix – Jackie Hai
- How Journalism Can Survive Beyond Legacy Institutions – Ellyn Angelotti
- The New Digital Newsroom – Caroline Huber
- Peter Block’s Reflections
- Two posts from Jannet Walsh
- The national news collaborative: Urbanite? Newshare?
A breakout group at the Journalism-That Matters/Poynter Institute for Media Studies convening brainstorms a national news collaborative during a one-hour session.
- Marketing “journalism that matters”
- Patricio Espinoza asks: Can you survive? (2.41 mins.)
- Jeff Vander Clute’s JTM-Poynter ditty
- More video from Jackie Hai
- Advice for journalism students — (short clips)
- What is the role of journalists in the new news ecology? — (short clips)
- How do new tools enhance journalism? — (short clips)