Got a resource that you think would contribute to the conversation? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Journalism is Dead; Long Live Journalism
by Phil Trounstine and Jerry Roberts
Here’s some free financial advice for panicked newspaper owners: If you want to save some real money, stop publishing the news altogether.
A 10 minute TEDx talk by Sarah van Gelder, YES! Magazine Co-founder and Executive Editor
Readings in Journalism from Adrienne Russell, Denver University
- Journalism is More then One Thing http://jonathanstray.com/journalism-is-more-than-one-thing
- What Newsrooms Can Learn from Open Source – http://www.niemanlab.org/2011/10/what-newsrooms-can-learn-from-open-source-and-maker-culture/
- Josh Stern’s Roundup of writing on “solutions journalism” http://stearns.wordpress.com/2011/12/21/a-flying-seminar-on-solutions-journalism/
- The Rise of Ad-Hoc Journalism Networks – http://www.pbs.org/mediashift/2012/08/the-rise-of-ad-hoc-journalist-support-networks-243.html
- Beware of Journalists Bearing Solutions? – http://chanders.tumblr.com/post/10862368629/beware-of-journalists-bearing-solutions
- Why Digital Natives don’t like newspapers (published in Editor & Publisher) http://newsosaur.blogspot.com/
- Rethinking Journalism Ethics, Objectivity in the Age of SocialMedia, Media Shift http://www.pbs.org/mediashift/2011/07/rethinking-journalism-ethics-objectivity-in-the-age-of-social-media208.html
- The Intro to my book Networked: A Contemporary History of News in Transition http://adriennerussell.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/networked-introduction.pdf
- A treatise on fungibility http://stdout.be/2012/05/04/fungible/
About Journalism That Matters
Journalism That Matters Google Group
A vibrant conversation among news and information pioneers
Working with Open Space
Learn more about the conversational process at the heart of Journalism That Matters.