Travel and Lodging
Getting to the Conference Location
The conference is located in the UO’s George S. Turnbull Portland Center, located in the historic White Stag Block of the city’s Old Town.
70 NW Couch St., Portland, Oregon, (503) 412-3662
From the airport, take the MAX Red Line towards City Center & Beaverton to Old Town/Chinatown MAX Station. This usually takes 20 minutes and has 12 stops. Then walk 1.5 blocks south to get to 70 NW Couch St. Cost: 2½-Hour tickets is $2.50, a 1-Day pass is $5.00. Ticket and ride information available here.
Make your hotel reservations today. It’s a busy time in Portland with a number of activities coinciding with Experience Engagement. To get the best rates and more convenient locations, we urge you to make them today.
Other Hotel Options in Downtown Portland:
- The Benson Hotel, 309 SW Broadway, 503-228-2000 or 800-663-1144
- Embassy Suites, 319 SW Pine St, 503-279-9000 or 1-800-643-7892
- Courtyard Portland City Center, 550 Southwest Oak St, 503-505-5000
- Hotel Lucia, 400 Southwest Broadway, 503-225-1717
- Hilton, 921 SW 6th Ave, 503-226-1611
- Hotel Rose, 50 SW Morrison St, 503-221-0711 or 877-505-7220
Alternative hotels convenient to the MAX line and between the airport and the school. Hotels in the Lloyd District are 10-minutes away from the conference location on the MAX line. Airport hotels are 20-minutes away.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Portland, 1000 NE Multnomah St, (503) 281-6111
- Inn at the Convention Center, 420 NE Holladay St, (503) 233-6331
- Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, 8235 NE Airport Way, (503) 281-2500
- Residence Inn Portland Airport at Cascade Station, 9301 NE Cascades Pkwy, (503) 284-1800
- Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, 9920 NE Cascades Pkwy, (503) 200-5678
What help finding a roommate? Contact us.
The closest airport is Portland International Airport (PDX). It’s 20 minutes to the conference location and downtown hotels.
The George S. Turnbull Center is the UO School of Journalism and Communication’s base in Portland, the state’s media center. For more information, visit journalism.uoregon.edu/turnbull.