The first full day of JTM/PNW was possibility day — a series of conversations about questions. Here are some of the topics:
- Can open government online help sustain the new news ecology?
- How can we create sustainable freelance in an increasingly decentralized newsroom?
- What is possibility, solution journalism and how can I do it?
- Do we respect the audience and, if so, how do we show it?
- What can academia do for the “new news”?
- How can journalists support community and remain fact-based, truth tellers?
- How can we pay for city hall beat reporters and Olympia gavel-to-gavel coverage?
- How can technology better serve journalism?
- Can you survive the new “free” economy?
- After the crash, how can we re-connect local audiences with journalism that isn’t hyper-local?
- How is journalism different with the tool is a Wiki?
- How do we ensure that the new news ecology is infused with diverse voices?
- What should journalism be in the 21st Century? What should community be?
- What aspects of traditional media journalism need to be preserved and what should be jettisoned?
- Can issue advertising be leveraged to support new forms of issue journalism?
- How can I sustain my local blog and sustain it as a business?
Today we move into anwsers.